nuffnang

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Visiting Bacolod

Bacolod here I am!


The last time I was in the island of Negros was in September just this year. Just like most of my travels, it was something unplanned. We just went to DepEd VI office to present something and when we asked how we can get in touch with the different schools division faster, we got invited to join in their management committee meeting in Campuestohan, Talisay. It was an opportunity too good to let go. What else do we do but to go.


In a way that trip may be considered official. This time though it is personal in nature. I have to meet my sister's friend in Bacolod so that I deliver the things to be brought to UK. It is not really that surprising that it includes uga or dried fish, kalkag, Ilongo delicacies auch as biscocho, bukayo (candied coconut) and galletas. Not that many actually comparing with her usual requests. Actually I didn't even know that she wanted biscocho as well until we got to talk thru skype last night. So, I had to leave earlier than planned in order for me to get those for her. Good thing that I didn't miss the ferry.


I had about 15 minutes to get the ticket and enter the terminal before the ferry arrived. I took Supercat this this time. A round trip ticket cost P410 since I got a seat in the deluxe with aircon area.  I used to get either the tourist or business class seats but wanted to try a different one this time. The departure schedule is 10:30 but the ferry left Iloilo later than that. I wasn't really surprised with that. It was already noontime when I got off the ferry. 

The tourist or business class I think has wider space. I can move  bit in my seat and there are even
Those with tables if preferred. The area is cooler. The down side though is that the movements of the ferry can be felt more. The de luxe area is also cool but there are more passengers here. It is also relatively clean. The only things is that the seats I think are a bit cramped. It's a good thing I'm short or else my knees would be bumping the seat in front. It is recommended that bigger-sizes passengers should choose their seats well. Though there are screens available for movie viewing passengers might not really be given the opportunity to enjoy it because of the sound of the ferry's engine. Probably it's because I was seated in the rear part of the ferry. I think the seats in front may be better.

If I have to compare this with the ship that traversed the route when I was young, this is definitely better.

No comments:

Post a Comment