nuffnang

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Breakfast Stop-over at Culasi, Antique


The trip back home from Boracay will be longer than usual since instead of going directly to Iloilo City from Caticlan, we will be taking another route. We went via Antique. We left a bit early in the morning after sending off some guests at the Caticlan Airport. We weren't able to have breakfast yet at that time so while
we were still in the van we were already discussing where to have breakfast. One suggested we stop in Pandan, Antique for it. Another countered with Culasi since the food there is better. I found out that my friends were able to go to Culasi due to work and they discovered this carinderia or a local restaurant. They said that the food there's quite good.

A side trip to Culasi, Antique after a trip to Boracay was a really good thing because though I was able to pass by it before when I took a tour  of Panay years ago, I did not particularly give it that much attention. At that time, I was often asleep in the van. I can see a lot of changes or should I say development when in Culasi. The town proper really look good. I was told that even the interiors of the public offices are much better compared with others.

I also had a good impression of the market since everything looked clean. It was only when we were approaching it that I found out that is located near the beach. What a nice view! We parked near the beach and we went to a carinderia that my friends went to before. I saw that the choices there were quite varied. There were about a dozen of dishes to choose from. I got a fish and a radish salad with rice for myself. My friends had some dishes including ginataang sili and something that had pagi in it. Sili is a local name for a particular fish while in other places in the Philippines the word would refer to pepper.


Admittedly, everything tasted good especially the fish. It was not really surprising because the fish would usually be quite fresh due to the proximity of the place to the sea. I would go to the same carinderia if I can but that would mean a long travel from Iloilo City where I am based.

No comments:

Post a Comment